Friday, December 11, 2015

Killer Timelapse


Website: http://blog.ted.com/how-to-create-a-killer-timelapse-with-joe-capra/

On this website, I found a video of a time-lapse of Rio de Janeiro with Iguazu Falls. I also found an interview with the maker about how he made it, how he got into the business, how does he do these time lapses, and why Rio? I learned how some people do a time-lapse and how they prepare for it and  choose the location.

In the time-lapse video, I saw multiple time lapses of different and the same things, but with different angles. I saw the waves cross onto the beach and retreat many times, with the boats moving with them, and I saw the clouds rolling by,  the people and traffic going along their business. I also saw the steam from the falls, and the water flowing from the falls. I also saw a lot of houses, and all of the miniature movement going on. Joe Capra of Scientifantastic was the maker of the video. He is a photographer as well as a timelapser. This video was shown at session 1 of TEDGlobal 2014. The words underneath the video talk about the clothes flapping, the waves lap on the beach with a rhythm, and the steam dancing off the waterfall. I learned that that is how water looks like in a time-lapse, and how much boats move in a day, and that there is a waterfall near Rio.

No comments:

Post a Comment