Friday, October 16, 2015

Great Black and White Photographers Part 3


    With Ansel Adams, I think what really captured my attention was the nature and how it was portrayed, in that position he was in to take the photo. I wonder how long it took to get him in that location, how did he choose that location, where was he, what were his surroundings. I love that he chooses those certain times to take the photos, and the view from where he was perched. I feel like normally the views look amazing, but with Ansel Adams, they look breathtaking. These photos are some in which I wonder such things, and admire the view:

















    1st Photo: I see the landscape, with its river and mountains. I see the trees sway in the breeze. I see the river moving.
                     I smell the morning rain, with its sweetness. I smell the tree's almost bitter scent. I smell the mud near where i was sitting.
                     I hear the birds chirping. I hear the river flow, with its endless noise. I hear the crunch as his shoes crunch the grass, trying to take the perfect shot.
                     I taste the snow from the mountain. I taste the humidity in the air. I taste my trail mix, after a long hike here.
                     I feel the wind blowing against my face, lightly then strongly. I feel amazed and humbled by the scenery. I feel peace, inside and outside my body.

    2nd Photo: I see the mountains and ridges in the wood. I see the flower's beauty and intricate ridges. I see the flower balance itself on the wood, shifting.
                      I smell the flower decaying, with its sweet smell. I smell the driftwood's wet-ish smell, after how many hours in water. I smell
                      I hear the creaking of the wood. I hear the silence as he takes the shot, then the click. I can almost hear his satisfaction.
                      I taste the scent in my mouth. I taste the water dripping from the wood, then regret it. I taste impatience in my mouth, waiting to speak out.
                      I feel the engraving in the wood. I feel the wood's moisture, having been lifted out of the lake. I feel the flowers tenderness and softness.

    I would like to make either a PowerPoint or a little flyer to show people Ansel Adams. The Powerpoint could be shared online, and the flyer could be printed out and put on the walls of the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment